WELCOME TO NEW HORIZONS ACADEMY
We are an accredited private, non-profit school designed for students in grades K-12 who have Learning Differences including Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, Dyslexia, Social Anxieties and others.
Often, children enter our school with low self-esteem caused by bullying and/or lack of academic and social success. However, once they walk through our school doors something truly inspirational begins to happen -- they discover their strengths and potential in areas they never dreamed possible!
Our warm and supportive staff brings to life a diverse curriculum designed to meet the unique needs and learning styles of each student and prepares them for success in the community, college and future work settings.
Unique Needs Require a Diverse Program
* Customized Education Plans
* Ability-Based Curriculum
* Social Skills Classes
* Life Skills Training
* Employment Readiness Development
* Flexibility of Instructions Most Appropriate for Each Student
* All-Inclusive Sports Program
Our Students Tend to...
* Have the potential for academic achievement
* Be of average to above-average intelligence
* Experience difficulty fitting into a mainstream environment
* Struggle with reading social cues
* Have difficulty with executive functioning
* Feel anxious or overwhelmed in social situations
* Have talents that are yet to be discovered